A #1. 营销视频一定要短.
Attention spans are getting shorter by the month 和 viewers want to quickly move on to the next shiny object. As well, there is a precipitous drop off in viewership after one minute for most videos. 越短越好.
A #2. 今天的营销视频应该更长.
内容营销是视频的未来. No one wants to be sold – they want to be informed, helped 和 inspired by your video. 为了简洁而简洁是浪费时间. Providing real value to the viewer – that’s what your prospects are looking for.
A #3. 这取决于.
Sadly, when you research this topic you’ll find countless websites prescribing a specific length ( i.e. 30 – 60 seconds) as the cure-all for all of your marketing woes.
Asking how long a marketing video should be is a bit like asking if you should use animation in your video, 或者你是否应该使用交叉溶解, j-cut, or dipsidoodle (I made this last one up) as a transition between shots.
There is no ‘correct’ answer 和 anyone volunteering an answer to this question without first asking for context is likely misleading you.
Here are some examples of contextual information required to answer the question ‘营销视频应该有多长?’
- 你的视频的目的是什么? 这个问题的答案应该是非常清楚的.)
- 谁是你的听众? (“每个人”是错误的答案.)
- 你与目标受众的关系如何? (This question is critical as it determines how interested your audience will be in anything you have to say.)
- 视频的预期交付路径是什么? (If no one has given this much thought then you’re already in trouble.)
- 你希望获得什么样的可衡量的澳门赌场推荐网址hgg? (这应该是不言而喻的. 通常这不是.)
- 你想在视频中说什么和展示什么? (你需要传递的关键信息是什么?)
- 我应该使用什么风格和格式的视频? (我是否应该请演讲者, 视频应该运用幽默吗, 它应该详细吗?, 或浅, 它应该是真人表演还是使用动画角色, 它应该震惊还是激励?)
有很多不同的 企业视频的类型和用途. Knowing what type of video you are producing 和 answering all of the above questions will help to determine the proper length for the intended corporate video. Telling your client that two minutes is the ‘correct length’ is like telling them that being funny is the right approach to take with their next corporate video.
If you consider business videos in the aggregate (especially when you take into account the growing number of web-based ads) then the 平均 viewing time for all corporate videos is definitely shrinking. “About 3 minutes” used to be common guidance for a Corporate Overview video three or four few years ago. Then in the last few years ” a couple of minutes” became the st和ard. Today ‘somewhere between 60 seconds 和 120 seconds” is the general guidance for Corporate Overview videos. Most other types of business videos are experiencing this same dynamic. 造成这种变化的原因有很多:
– 注意力持续时间在缩短. This trend will accelerate as we continue to multitask 和 we continue to experience even more information competing for our attention. There is plenty of anecdotal evidence to back this claim 和 there have been 做一些研究 来衡量在线行为的这种变化.
– 非常简短的视频越来越受欢迎. The growth in popularity of this new format of video is going to have an effect on all business video. 非常短的视频，如: 葡萄树 (6秒的视频)的保质期很短. Instagram (15秒视频), 吹捧 (15秒视频), Mixbit (16 second videos – because ’15’ clearly wasn’t enough…) are other formats. 抖音 -‘ the twitter of video’ is hyper short 和 the ads that run on 抖音 also have to fit into the viewers preferences. 再加上15秒和30秒的增长, mid 和 post-roll online advertising opportunities in sites like Youtube 和 it’s easy to see how shorter videos will continue to increase in popularity (和 influence viewing behaviours.)
脸谱网 allows you record video for up to 20 seconds before the record circle cuts out. Is there a magic number for how many different scenes to use in a single story? 脸谱网 recommends using multiple scenes, but to avoid going too long. 他们说, 有三个部分的故事是最吸引人的.
– 视频长度可能是一个障碍. 大多数用户在观看视频之前会先看视频的长度. If the video is perceived as being too much of an investment of their time they will simply move on.
– 网上的收视率迅速下降. 所有的视频托管服务都进行了研究表明 收视率急剧下降 随着时间的推移，所有的视频. Very few corporate videos are completed 和 more than half are ab和oned before the viewer gets half-way through.
– YouTube改变了算法，强调观看时间. 这很重要，因为 视图数量 (as measured by clicks) isn’t nearly as important a metric as it used to be. Percentage completion of a video is a much better indicator of the value of a video. (游戏邦注:要模拟这些澳门赌场推荐网址hgg也要困难得多.所以问题在于你的视频越长, the less likely you are to have viewers watch your video all the way through.
总之，越短越好. Unless of course, it’s longer – which as you will see below, might be even better.
这里有一个链接 不同类型和使用的视频 that you should consider along with how long you want your video to be.
The vast majority of corporate videos created today are promotional videos – basically you talking about you. The problem with most of these videos is that nobody really cares about you, 或你的产品, 或者你的建筑(s), 或者你的人, 或者你的澳门威尼斯人官网mg游戏, 或爱好, 或习惯, 或者…人们真正关心的是他们自己的问题. 这就是 内容营销 获得了很大的牵引力. 内容营销不是销售, it’s about providing valuable information to your customers 和 prospects 和 associating your br和 with that content. The purpose of content marketing is to establish a relationship of trust over time with your prospects 和 clients. Providing your viewer with content that they are interested in is a great first step in establishing that trust. 较长的内容非常适合这种类型的推广. 入门的, 提示和技巧, 产业升级, research… anything that provides value 和 helps the viewer in some way is what works with content marketing.
“是的, but Television commercials are pure promotion 和 they still work very well today,你还可以加上一句. ‘Yep they sure do,’ I might respond, because most people are still too lazy to change the channel. 但在网上，情况就完全不同了. Most online viewers have their index finger perched precariously over their mouse just itching to click away at the slightest hint of self-indulgent dribble. 所以虽然短一些更好，但短一些并不总是最好的. 有关胜过短. (“短 和 “相关”是一个非常强大的组合.)
某些视频平台, 就像所有视频的鼻祖——Youtube, 实际上奖励较长的视频格式. Videos with longer watch times get highlighted more prominently in the Youtube search algorithm. 你的视频仍然需要吸引人，但视频越长, 谷歌在你的视频上投放的广告就越多
—与。关联的内容 订阅或选择加入服务 -某些人已经明确注册查看的内容. If people know you 和 already trust you then they will have more time for whatever it is you have to say.
– 信息娱乐或品牌/赞助娱乐. It’s very difficult to make anything your company does entertaining (unless you are Victoria’s Secret or the NFL) so one option is to have someone else develop entertaining content that you can sponsor or you might also consider developing infotainment content around your product. 电视购物在今天仍然很有效.
– 伟大的视频. 如果你的内容引人注目, 或鼓舞人心, 或发人深思的, 人们会看的, 不管它的长度.
以下是 平均 今天不同类型的商业视频的长度:
公司概述视频 - 1 ~ 2分钟.
网上促销广告 - 15和30秒
广播宣传广告 - 15 30 60秒
产品或服务推广 - 60到90秒.
澳门威尼斯人官网mg游戏见证 - 1 ~ 2分钟
招聘视频 - 1 ~ 3分钟
内容营销 - 1至5分钟(或更长)
超短短片 - 6,15,16秒
病毒视频 - 60到90秒.
视频案例研究 - 2到4分钟.
集体融资视频 - 90秒到2分钟.
产品或服务演示(不是Promos…演示的) - 90秒到3分钟
产品评论 - 1 ~ 3分钟
事件视频 - 2到60分钟.
视频博客 - 1到10分钟
小提示# 1 Your video should be exactly as long as it takes for you to get to the point. 你越早到那里越好. (不要给用户一个点击离开的理由)
小提示# 2 视频类型, 观众的关系, 和 purpose of the video ultimately determines the length of your video. 永远不要盲目追随行业平均水平. (120秒不“正确”，85秒也不“错误”.’)
小提示# 3 实施你的内容. Build your content in an inverse pyramid just like you would write a press release. Most people will never get to the end of your video so make sure you include all the good stuff at the beginning.
小提示# 4 Don’t include useless br和ing content at the beginning of your video. I still see videos that take up to 30 seconds for anything of value to be communicated. 保存你的动画logo, 学分, motion graphic intro’s 和 all that other flashy stuff for the end of the video where most people will never see it.
冰山# 5 考虑序列化您的内容. If you know your video is too long 和 you have a lot of important things to say consider breaking your content up into smaller chunks. If you can’t do this consider adding index references on the page where you host your video to allow people to jump to the piece of the video they actually care about. Don’t make the viewer wade through 4 minutes of useless information just to get to the piece they are interested in.
小提示# 6 测量你的澳门赌场推荐网址hgg. If you see people ab和oning your video consistently after 55 seconds it may be time for an edit.
小提示# 7 不要用“信息蔓延”来膨胀你的视频.’ ‘Script by committee’ will ensure that your video includes everything anyone could possible think of. 唯一增加三分之一的东西, fourth or fifth ‘benefit’ will do to your video is confuse your viewer 和 make your video longer.
小提示# 8. 通过视频寻求帮助. 去找有前景的视频制作公司, look at their work samples 和 ask them how long they think your video should be. You’ll get a good sense of their value by the questions they ask you.
小贴士 今天有很多这样的例子 在什么情况下，营销视频的长度无关紧要. Youtube上的预播放广告就是一个例子. The only thing that matters with Youtube pre-roll ads is that you say something valuable enough in the first 5 seconds to get the viewer to watch your ad instead of pounding the ‘skip ads’ button to get to the video they came their for. 如果你能让他们继续看的话, 再一次, length isn’t the issue – the goal is to give the viewer enough value, enough information for them to want to take the action you are trying to illicit.
底线, in corporate video (和 in most other forms of communications) get to the point as quickly as you can.